Neurophysiotherapy is a specialism of Physiotherapy and deals in the assessment and treatment of individuals who have neurological conditions. This means a problem associated with the central nervous system, namely the brain and spinal cord.
Some common examples would be:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Bell’s Palsy
- Injuries affecting the brain or spinal cord
These disorders can cause symptoms ranging from balance/gait issues, dexterity, coordination, lack of control of movements and spasms.
Our treatment aims to
- Facilitate the execution and control of movements.
- Prevent musculotendinous retractions.
- Promote palliative actions: breathing exercises, eye-hand coordination, Day-to-day activities
- Above all, favor the independence of the patient.
Our HCPC registered Physiotherapist, Ruben, is experienced in this field, and was previously part of a multi-disciplinary dedicated Parkinson’s centre in Spain. He has developed both individual and group treatment sessions to provide rehabilitation, and maintenance Physiotherapy.
Speak to our team for more information about this type of Physiotherapy, or to book an Initial Consultation with Ruben.