Indian Head Massage or ‘Champissage’ has been practiced for generations in India to promote hair growth and good health. It is a natural and effective means of relieving stress and promoting health and well-being.
It is known to bring about a feeling of relaxation, improve circulation to the scalp and can even improve alertness and concentration. Indian head massage can also help to relieve tension headaches, aid sleep,reduce neck and shoulder tension / stiffness, sinusitis and stress.
Its benefits include:
- Improved circulation to the head and neck area therefore speeding up the interchange of oxygen, nutrients, carbon: dioxide and waste products
- Improved lymphatic drainage from the head and neck aiding the removal of waste products and toxins
- Relieves tension in muscle tissue
- Helps improve mobility in neck and shoulder region
- Relieves mental and physical strain and therefore improves concentration
- May help relieve tension headaches, eye strain and aid sleep
- May help to relieve sinusitis / congestion
- Can bring about a general feeling of calmness and relaxation
- Promotes higher levels of alertness and concentration
A treatment will usually last about 45 minutes. This makes it an ideal therapy when you are short of time, or in a work environment.
It includes a scalp and face massage as well as the back, shoulders and neck, where tension and stress is usually held. No oils are used in this treatment.
It is a very relaxing yet reviving treatment, helping to promote higher levels of alertness and concentration. Tension in the muscles is released, dispersing toxins, reducing mental and physical stress, and improving blood flow to the brain.